Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

cinesite

Just got back from the second year of Cinesites inspire internship launch. Basically it is a competition for students to apply to Cinesite for work experience LINK. It is a good opportunity for students but is blatantly a way for cinesite to get in there early on the new talent (and so what). They showed us a load of their recent work, none of which I can tell anyone about and to be brutal didn't really impress me much. The main thing that came out of it is that they are desperate for people who can work stereoscopically, but how the hell do you show that on a standard reel. That and they want shader writers, but since they are few and far between they are going to have to steal them away from some of the bigger boys.

Got to meet up with some other lecturers and some of the talented guys at Cinesite and afterwards in the various soho pubs some of my ex-students and even my old teacher Noah Taylor. Noah has promised me a talk down here at Falmouth. His previous companies include ILM. Weta, Animal logic amougst others and is currently at Framewhore...opps Framestore.

Did make me glad I don't work in London