Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Another term starts

With the start of the new year I thought I would try this as a way of sharing info with my students and any one else.
As a few students have found out Autodesk have changed their policy (again) on student software meaning you can now get it for free for 3 years.
You simply need to go to this link autodesk education community sign up and go from there.
There is small print that is worth reading in that the work is watermarked (not really an issue) and you don't get any upgrades. Therefore it will not be compatible with the machines on campus which will be running the latest versions (without watermarks) but it will be great for practice.
Also once you have joined there are some learning resources to have a look at.
Here are some that would be good for first years to have a peak at link

As a new resource we have purchased the Digimation model archive (Titanium edition). Due to the way it installs you will have to email me the reference details of any models you want and I can extract them and send them back to you. No I am not going to extract all 16504 models just so you can have a copy. But any models needed for projects (university or personal) I will endevour to get to you. There is a list of all their models on their website and I will need the model name and reference number. I can only respond to model requests from your university email address to comply with copyright. These are going to be really good for:
a: those of you (and me) who get bored by modeling
b: pre-vis work
c: background generic elements